Skip to content

Employment & Internships

If you are interested in working or interning during or after your academic program at Edgewood College, review the information below pertaining to your visa type.

Before beginning a paid job or internship in the U.S. students must apply for a U.S. Social Security Number.

Social Security Numbers

Social Security numbers are assigned to people who are authorized to work in the United States. They are used to report wages to the U.S. government and to determine eligibility for Social Security benefits.

You can only apply for a Social Security number if you have an on-campus job or have authorization to work off-campus.

For details on the application process, review the handout: How to Apply for a Social Security Number.
For more information, you can read the document International Students and Social Security Numbers or contact the local Social Security Administration office:

Social Security Administration
6011 Odana Road

What's Happening


October 2 - 3

Fall Break

October 13

Spring 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation Session 1 (PRD308)

October 20

Winter 18 Faculty-Led Program Form Deadline

October 27

Spring 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation Session 2 (PRD 308)

November 3

Faculty-Led Program and Scholarship Application Deadline (China, Scotland, Iceland, Germany, Internship Cohort)
Spring 2018 Semester Form Deadline

November 13 - 17 International Education Week

(week events to be announced)

November 23- 26

Thanksgiving Holiday (College Closed- CGE Closed)

December (early)

Summer in Peru Program and Scholarship Application Deadline

December 11- 15

Final Exams

December 22 - January 1

Winter Holiday (College Closed - CGE Closed)