All international students with F-1 and J-1 visas who are admitted to Edgewood College must complete the following steps before arriving to campus for new international student orientation.
10 Steps: Pre-Arrival Checklist
Step 1: Prepare the necessary documentation to enter the United States
Step 2: Secure housing for your program at Edgewood.
Step 3: Prepare for course registration.
Step 4: Create an account for Edgewood email and online systems.
Follow the steps online here to create your Edgewood College online accounts. You will need your Edgewood ID number to create your account. You can find your ID number on your letter of acceptance from Edgewood.
Step 5: Complete technology tutorial - Using the guide sheet below, review and complete the tutorial.
Step 6: Confirm arrival information with the Center for Global Education (CGE). Only students who will live in a residence hall at Edgewood need to complete this step. Send Rami Alharbi (RAlharbi@edgewood.edu) your complete flight itinerary (with airline and flight numbers) and arrival information.
Plan to arrive at the Dane County Regional Airport in Madison (airport code: MSN) between 8:00am - 6:00pm on Monday, August 14th. Provide the CGE with your arrival date, time and airline as soon as possible in order for someone from Edgewood College to pick you up at the airport and take you to your residence hall. If you decide to arrive outside of the dates and times listed above or at a different airport, you will be responsible for your own transportation from the airport to campus. You may also be responsible for your housing until orientation begins.
Step 7: Complete the International Student Health Statement to bring to orientation.
This form requires a doctor’s signature.
Step 8: Confirm your attendance at International Student Orientation on January 17-18-19
Email Rami Alharbi (RAlharbi@edgewood.edu) to confirm attendance at International Student Orientation. Edgewood College requires all international students with F-1 and J-1 visas to participate fully in the international student orientation. Click here for an overview of the orientation schedule. The Center for Global Education will send you a more detailed schedule in July for Fall semester and in December for Spring semester.
Step 9: Sign up for the Global Buddy Program.
Step 10: Before you travel, review these websites to help you prepare for your arrival to the U.S.
* Please contact Sara Friar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your arrival to campus.
Additional Information about your arrival:
Please consider bringing the following items with you to Edgewood College:
- Bring documents that concern your medical history. Be sure to have the International Student Health Statement (green form) signed and completed by your doctor. Consider bringing your medical and dental records, including certificates of immunization and vaccinations, information about medical conditions or treatments, prescriptions, and eyeglasses.
- Bring any documents that might pertain to your legal history. These might include your marriage certificate, birth certificate for yourself, children, spouse, and international driver’s license. We also advise you leave one set of these official documents with someone in your home country.
- Budget for the following expenses: tuition, fees, rent, meals, Edgewood College’s mandatory health insurance, books, transportation, communications, personal expenses, recreation, travel, warm clothing, and taxes. Please note that some exchange programs cover the cost of tuition, housing, meals and health insurance.
- Traditional attire or cultural artifacts that you might wear or demonstrate at educational or cultural events.
- A dual dictionary featuring English and your native language.
- Compliant appliances such as hair dryers and shavers that meet the US standard of 120V A/C.