Transfer to Another School
F-1 students may transfer from one DHS approved school to another. Basic eligibility requirements include:
- Maintenance of F-1 status while at Edgewood
- Admission to another DHS-approved school and eligibility to receive an I-20 from the transfer-in school
- You must begin your studies at the transfer-in school within 5 months of the end of the last semester completed at Edgewood or the release date set by CGE, whichever date is earlier.
If you choose to transfer to another DHS approved school before you complete your program at Edgewood, you need to do the following:
- Talk with your academic advisor about your plans to transfer.
- Complete the Edgewood College Release of SEVIS Record form.
- If you have registered for classes at Edgewood for the upcoming semester, submit the Edgewood College Term Withdrawal form to Edgewood Central.
- Check with Edgewood Central to make sure you do not have any remaining bills to pay.
- If you live on campus, contact the Office of Residence Life to discuss your housing contract.
- If you have an on-campus job, talk to your supervisor about your plans to transfer. You must stop working at Edgewood when your SEVIS record is transferred to your new school.
If you have recently graduated from Edgewood, you are eligible to transfer to another DHS approved school until the end of your 60-day grace period.
- You must complete the Edgewood College Release of SEVIS Record form and submit it to CGE before the end of the 60-day grace period.
If you are on OPT, you are eligible to transfer to another DHS approved school until the end of your 60-day grace period after your EAD expires.
- You must complete the Edgewood College Release of SEVIS Record form and submit it to CGE before the end of the 60-day grace period. On the day that Edgewood releases your SEVIS record to the transfer-in institution, your OPT ends and you must stop working.