Form I-94 is the Department of Homeland Security’s Arrival/Departure Record for international students. Upon admission to the United States, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will provide an admission stamp in your passport and will create an electronic record of both your arrival and departure from the country. You should check your I-94 record information each time you enter and depart the U.S. Here are instructions for how to access your I-94 record:
1. Go to http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/i-94-instructions
2. Click "Get their I-94 Number Now" on the upper right side of the page.
3. Read the Department of Homeland Security Consent page.
4. Agree to terms, click “Submit.”
5. Fill in the blank information.
6. Click “Get Most Recent I-94.”
7. Make sure that all information is correct (spelling of name, visa type, etc.). In particular check the “Admit Until Date” to verify that it says D/S, which stands for duration of status.
*If your “Admit Until Date” is NOT D/S contact Sara Friar immediately.
If you travel abroad at any time during your program, you should repeat this process to ensure you are always admitted to the U.S. in the correct status and with the D/S notation.