Income Taxes

As non-residents of the U.S., F-1 and J-1 international students are legally required to file tax forms with the U.S. government for every year that you are physically present in the U.S.  Even if you did not work or receive income in the U.S., you are still required to submit a Form 8843.

The Center for Global Education provides access to Sprintax for all F-1 and J-1 students.  Sprintax is an online non-resident tax preparation system that helps international students prepare federal and state taxes.  In February of each year, the Center for Global Education will send students information about how to access FREE or DISCOUNTED codes for Sprintax.  

Edgewood College employees, including Center for Global Education staff, DO NOT provide individual assistance or advice to students about their tax returns.